December 29, 2020
Candle Care Tips & Tricks
Proper care is absolutely essential to a safe burning experience as well as maintainning the life of your candle.
- Always cut your wick to 1/4 of an inch before burning your candle. If you have purchased a candle from Yimmy’s Armoire, the wick will always be trimmed before shipping. Make sure to trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch after every burn.
- For the first burn, make sure the wax melts across the entire surface. This may take 2-4 hours.
- Trimming the wick promotes an even burn, steady flame and limits sooting or mushrooming of wick.
- To preserve the fragrance, never burn the candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always keep the wax pool free of debris.
- Extinguish the candle if it flickers, smokes, or the flame becomes too high.
- Always store candles in a cool, dry, dark area.
- For the love of all things candles, DO NOT burn it all the way down. Always leave at least ½ inch of non-molten wax at the bottom.
- Always, always, always burn candle within your sight.